Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

RJ45 female to female

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2023 at 12:03 AM, sornord said:

Would this work with a VDI cable and a short male to male Cat5 to a Variax USB adaptor?  $100, if you can find one, is too much for a Variax VDI to USB kit.

https://probroadcastsupply.com/Neutrik-NE8FF-RJ45-Feedthrough-Coupler-NE8FF_p_15422.html

What is it you're trying to do? Extend your Variax USB cable? 

I'm trying to get my 700 Bass into the original Workbench so I can add an EB-3 emulation.  In an update to my original post...

I got that female to female coupler, made a straight-through male to male Cat5 "patch" cable (about as long as your palm is wide).  The connection goes bass > VDI cable > f to f coupler > Cat6 patch > Line6 USB adaptor > PC.  Both lights on the USB adaptor went green.

I've only tested it briefly.  Workbench sees something so the connection is there but it didn't identify the something as my bass.  I was only testing the patch cable at the time so this is a work in progress.