Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

can't upload new bought presets

tremolidi

hello! 

I just purchased a preset pack called "synthpads and drones" from marketplace and ...cannot upload my new presets on HX edit ( 3.51 is my hx edit AND 3.50 my hx stomp)

I followed the steps of a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r9BWU_WT_M

but I get a message: 

" hx edit was unable to import these presets because the required licenses were not found. The following products are available for purchase from helix marketplace : 65667 "

I tried to import the cabs also ,but I got the same message ... although I did not send the cab 90 for example to user slot 90...AND the cab files have NOT the .wav extension  but they have .hir instead ( 090 LX TDR HG1.hir)

Do I miss something??

Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty sure I had this same issue post-upgrade, but I may be misremembering the exact error message.  I don't have my helix hooked up to be able to see the exact menu in hx edit, but what I had to do was rebuild the preset library.  Also, I had to do it each time I tried to copy a preset in after turning hx edit/helix off.  I haven't tried recently but I assume I would have to do the same thing now still.  If you can't find the menu option for this post back and I'll try to get my helix hooked up and get a screenshot.

On 1/25/2023 at 4:22 PM, tremolidi said:

yes, I'm logged in with hx edit ... I see my purchased product on marketplace downloads, I downloaded it on my authorized pc ... the rest I described above

You can see my post right?  Not sure why you responded to the other guy only...try my solution and report back if that doesn't work.

On 1/26/2023 at 4:37 PM, toddkc said:

You can see my post right?  Not sure why you responded to the other guy only...try my solution and report back if that doesn't work.

sorry, I've been on the run and didn't take the time to check your solution...Thank's a lot for helping me!! So...rebuilt the preset library ...do you mean I have to empty my stomp from presets and start loading again ,adding the new ones?

On 1/26/2023 at 11:32 AM, tremolidi said:

sorry, I've been on the run and didn't take the time to check your solution...Thank's a lot for helping me!! So...rebuilt the preset library ...do you mean I have to empty my stomp from presets and start loading again ,adding the new ones?

Well of course now that I'm trying to help you I'm having my own issues.  I was going to get a screenshot, but when I click "restore factory settings" in hx edit nothing happens now.  You shouldn't need to empty and reload.  If I remember correctly there was a specific option for "rebuild preset library" or something similar.  Just make sure you create a backup before you start messing with stuff and nothing can go wrong.  

So followup question....in hx edit if you go to preferences and select "restore factory settings" does anything happen?

On 1/26/2023 at 8:42 PM, toddkc said:

Well of course now that I'm trying to help you I'm having my own issues.  I was going to get a screenshot, but when I click "restore factory settings" in hx edit nothing happens now.  You shouldn't need to empty and reload.  If I remember correctly there was a specific option for "rebuild preset library" or something similar.  Just make sure you create a backup before you start messing with stuff and nothing can go wrong.  

So followup question....in hx edit if you go to preferences and select "restore factory settings" does anything happen?

hello!

Thanks again for your time!

I 've created backup, then went to preferences, selected "restore factory settings" and the only result was a change of fs3 function ( I've been using it for stomp 3, now it returned to tap-tuner) ... also, can't find anywhere "rebuilt..." or something like that...

On 1/27/2023 at 9:59 AM, tremolidi said:

hello!

Thanks again for your time!

I 've created backup, then went to preferences, selected "restore factory settings" and the only result was a change of fs3 function ( I've been using it for stomp 3, now it returned to tap-tuner) ... also, can't find anywhere "rebuilt..." or something like that...

Further research indicates that "Restore Factory Settings" only restores the settings in that specific dialog.  I cannot seem to find how to get back to the section that I am remembering.  It's possible I'm confusing helix native and hx edit I suppose.  Sorry, I know I'm not being very helpful.  I was so sure that was the solution!  Drat!

On 1/27/2023 at 11:32 PM, toddkc said:

Further research indicates that "Restore Factory Settings" only restores the settings in that specific dialog.  I cannot seem to find how to get back to the section that I am remembering.  It's possible I'm confusing helix native and hx edit I suppose.  Sorry, I know I'm not being very helpful.  I was so sure that was the solution!  Drat!

Hello there!

So...

1- I created a support ticket for Line6's customer service.

2- They reached back after less than 24 hours!

3- They suggested that I should sign out from HX edit and then sign back in, so that the licences would be found...That didn't work.

4- Then I was aked if my pc was authorized...it was, but I deauthorized, then re-authorized and...BOOM !! I'm jamming with my new presets now!

Thanks a lot for taking the time to help me!

• Like 1