Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Questions and/or ideas

banejo

Hello there,

I finally left my POD HD Pro X and bought the Helix. And man, what shall I say. AWESOME.

Now there are two questions that came to my mind and I don't know if this is somehow available or if it's not included:

First: I love the snapshots function. But wouldn't it be great if you could affect the master volume of a snapshot by pressing the switch a second time? With this you could give every snapshot a few more decibels for playing solos with one switch. Which means there would be way more space on the board because you don't need a separate snapshot for this. Or maybe if you could toggle between two snapshots with one switch. Let's say you press FS5 and this recalls Snapshot 1. Now if you press FS5 again, you recall Snapshot 5. Next time you press FS5 you get back to Snapshot 1...

Second: When I link time-based effects to the metronome, is there a way to define the timebase? An example: I have a Tremolo set to 1/4. Now the tremolo affects the loudness of the signal at the speed of 1/4. But it seems to me that the loudest point is not on the quarter notes, it is between them. So is there a way to change this to have the loudest points on the quarter notes? Of course you could tap this effect in an off-beat, but this is kind of tricky and also affects other effects.

Hope my explanations are understandable.

Cheers

You could submit this to Line 6's Ideascale which is where they (and other users) evaluate and vote on ideas.  It's not something I'd be very interested in since I rarely, if ever, run short on footswitches and when it comes to something like that I just use a traditions footswitch (not necessarily a snapshot) to engage whatever boost I need whether it's for a lead or just a dynamic build for a section of the song.  But that's because I use a preset for each song so I have plenty of room on my board for whatever I may need to change during the course of that song.

On 2/16/2023 at 6:31 AM, banejo said:

Hello there,

I finally left my POD HD Pro X and bought the Helix. And man, what shall I say. AWESOME.

Now there are two questions that came to my mind and I don't know if this is somehow available or if it's not included:

First: I love the snapshots function. But wouldn't it be great if you could affect the master volume of a snapshot by pressing the switch a second time? With this you could give every snapshot a few more decibels for playing solos with one switch. Which means there would be way more space on the board because you don't need a separate snapshot for this. Or maybe if you could toggle between two snapshots with one switch. Let's say you press FS5 and this recalls Snapshot 1. Now if you press FS5 again, you recall Snapshot 5. Next time you press FS5 you get back to Snapshot 1...

Second: When I link time-based effects to the metronome, is there a way to define the timebase? An example: I have a Tremolo set to 1/4. Now the tremolo affects the loudness of the signal at the speed of 1/4. But it seems to me that the loudest point is not on the quarter notes, it is between them. So is there a way to change this to have the loudest points on the quarter notes? Of course you could tap this effect in an off-beat, but this is kind of tricky and also affects other effects.

Hope my explanations are understandable.

Cheers

If all that you're using the Snapshot for is to add a decibel boost for leads, that seems an awful waste of a Snapshot. Instead, in Stomp Mode assign a FS to the Output Block Level, with MIN/MAX set to 0db/4db for a 4db boost.

Although you can't toggle Snapshots with a single switch in Snapshot Mode, if you set a FS in Stomp Mode to call a Snapshot you can set it to call one Snapshot on PRESS and the original on HOLD or one on press and return to the original on RELEASE.

The tempo can be set GLOBALLY or PER PRESET.

I set a Tremolo at 1/4, and at 60bpm the pulse was half that at 120bpm, so I'm not sure what you're saying. If you attach a sample preset and state your tempo settings I'll see if I can duplicate your issue.