Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix variax bug

chessum

• In some cases, the Input block's Variax Tone Knob setting is not recalled across preset changes.

This bug remains unfixed, really disappointing. As a huge variax fan it is very frustrating this issue remains unfixed. I gig regularly using variax 89f and helix, this problem has been around a long time. Any one know if this is ever going to be fixed? I raised another ticket only to be advised to " we have no information about future firmware updates and possible fixes
But you can also post this in Ideascale as feature request (which is also monitored by the product managers)" 

Its a bug, not an enhancement feature. I guess Line6 have little interest in the Variax range now.

I agree. I would like to use the tone knob to craft the acoustic guitars on the Variax but am unable to do so because of this bug.  I have mentioned this several times in several threads. I was even the one that sent them several patches to demonstrate the issue. That's when they put that comment in the known bugs area. FYI, they don't really keep an eye on this forum. They seem to pay more attention to the Gear Page, Digital and Modelling Gear forum. The Varaix has been descrbed as a labor of love for Line 6. I take that to mean it's still not that popular but they're still keeping it around.