Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can Helix USB audio be used as effect loop with NI Guitar Rig 5

DaJuice007

I wanted to enable an Aux block on the Helix that would only pass audio to and from Guitar Rig 5 (Win 11) when the Aux block was enabled, using the Helix USB audio. Is this possible using the Helix USB audio? Works fine if I use a PC audio I/O and use cables for send and receive.

You can't use the S/R Blocks with USB.

In GR, set Helix as the AI. Set GR's Inputs as 3/4 or 5/6 and the Outputs as 1/2.

On Helix split Path 1 with an A/B Split.

Set Path 1A to 2A and 1B to USB 3/4 or 5/6.

Place the Split Block either at the beginning of Path 1 or after whatever Helix FX you want to have before GR.

Assign the A/B Split to either a FS or Snapshot.

First scenario (above):

When the signal is routed to Path A you're full Helix.

When routed to Path B you're full GR (depending where you put the Split in Path 1).

Second scenario:

You can route GR back into the signal path for using Helix FX POST GR by routing Path 1 as above.

Then split Path B completely, setting GR's Outputs to 3/4 or 5/6 (instead of 1/2), and setting the Path 2B Input to 3/4 or 5/6 to match the Output settings in GR.

In the first scenario the GR Output enters Helix at the Output Block, bypassing Helix FX in Path 2.

In the second scenario the GR signal enters at the Path 2B Input Block for further Helix FX processing.

Demo Preset (second scenario) attached.

DaJuice007.hlx

• Upvote 1