Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

MIDI on HX Stomp - Option to NOT ignore redundant PC?

decreebass

Is there a setting that will NOT ignore a redundant MIDI PC? That is, if I send PC#0 to go to Preset 1, I want that preset to reload if I send that same message again. As it currently sits, that preset will not reload.

Usage example: In OnSong, I have a song that's a half-step down. I send a MIDI PC to go to Preset 1, then a CC to go to snapshot 2, which has the Simple Pitch on and shifted 1 semitone down. The next song is standard, so I send the MIDI PC to go to Preset 1 again and no CC to change snapshots, since the preset is saved to the standard tuning snapshot (1), but nothing happens, because it ignores the redundant PC.

Any fix for this or will I just need to program the PC (preset) and CC (snapshot) into every song? With my Fractal gear I didn't have to worry about this, as it would reload the preset (or at least had the option) so I'm getting used to this new workflow, but checking here to see if the same option is possible. 

Unfortunately the HX and Helix won't listen for redundant PCs, so once a preset it's loaded into memory, it won't respond to that same PC, which means what's being selected and active (snapshots, FS, params, whatever editing), will stay there until you change preset (or reload from the onboard).

Only trick I could think of, is to create an empty preset somewhere (like at the end of your setlist), and send a double PC for each preset (command, wait, command), first is the last empty preset, second is the preset you want to reload. This will send a quick double command, that it will force Helix to unload and reload the memory. That's some extra time gap I know...

On 3/22/2023 at 12:41 PM, silverhead said:

Check Global Settings -> MIDI/Tempo. There's a parameter MIDI PC Rx. Does this fix things for you?

I checked all the MIDI settings I could find and didn't see anything that would help. I think this setting is specific to Command Center and sending MIDI upon incoming (Rx) MIDI.

On 3/22/2023 at 12:58 PM, PierM said:

Unfortunately the HX and Helix won't listen for redundant PCs, so once a preset it's loaded into memory, it won't respond to that same PC, which means what's being selected and active (snapshots, FS, params, whatever editing), will stay there until you change preset (or reload from the onboard).

Only trick I could think of, is to create an empty preset somewhere (like at the end of your setlist), and send a double PC for each preset (command, wait, command), first is the last empty preset, second is the preset you want to reload. This will send a quick double command, that it will force Helix to unload and reload the memory. That's some extra time gap I know...

That's not a bad idea, actually. I'm not too worried about the gap, as we rarely need to transition that fast. I don't know, though. I think it's probably fine just having the PC and CC for Snapshot in each song. It's a little tedious, but you only have to do it once, so it's not a huge deal... Thanks for the answer!