Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Switching from internal EXP 1 to EXP2

Stofffel

Hi,

I have the following setup:

Preset: with Wah & Volume block

EXP2 controls the Volume

EXP1 controls the Wah.
To switch between EXP 1 and 2, i ‘m suppose to use the Toe switch, which means that my Volume will go up, before making the switch,..
What I would like, is that from the moment I activate the Wah, through a stomp switch, the EXP pedal switches from 2 to 1. When I bypass the Wah, it goes back to EXP2.
Is this possible?

Btw.  You can take any block including distortion, wah and volume, remove all the assignments and re-assign expression pedal 2 to control any parameter.  Or expression 1. It’s just that the default settings are to have 1 control wah and 2 control volume. 

I personally never switch between exp 1/2 and always use exp 2 because that’s what the external pedal defaults to. And if my pedal dies, I can have all my sounds work with the external pedal. 

if you want to use the wah but not volume, you can simply bypass the volume pedal block in a specific snapshot or assign it to a stomp button where one is on and the other is off and vice versa

or 

you can use snapshots: in your snapshot,  you can save which exp is selected: 1 or 2. So you switch your snapshot and your you now control expression 1. Switch to a different one and it’s expression 2. The switch will happen without you pressing on the toe switch. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2023 at 11:59 AM, Stofffel said:

@theElevatorsTHX for your reply. I will probably go for the stomp solution, but just cause i’m curious. How do you save the EXP 1 <> 2 in a snapshot?  BTW, I ‘m in NY in august. Any nice (small) cafe ‘s you can  recommand in Manhattan with live music? :-)

Simply click the pedal in, to select 1/2 and save it for the snapshot.  Cafes with live music?  There are too many options to name.  For jazz or rock?  For jazz, there's the Blue Note.  For rock, lots of stuff in Williamsburg for example. 

• Thanks 1