Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp - 2 real amps - Wet/Dry

pureaddict

Hi @ all!

I have a 2 amp wet/dry setup working as follows:

Guitar -> real Comp/OD pedals -> Amp 1 Input -> Amp 1 Line Out -> HX Stomp Input - > Mod+Rev+Dly -> HX Send -> Amp2 FX loop Return

There is a phase and ground loop issue, that's no problem, I have a P-Split on the way to me.

My question is as follows, I have a patch where I wish to use exp pedal to go from dry + a small bit of HX fx to completely wet (NO DRY AMP SIGNAL) - where can I tap or how can I set up HX to make this (seemingly impossible) task happen?

Just to be clear, I just wonder where is best to tap, I don't need anyone to tell me how to set up the actual FX, it's specifically about the routing/tap of wet/dry physical amps to achieve the effect as I mentioned.

I wish my tap to have full colour of real pedals + preamp of Amp1 if possible.  I can settle for pedals only (I only use a clean amp channel)

Thanks in advance 

Helps if you're specific about what amps you're using.

You said that you're taking the "amp 1 line out" to the HXS Input. Does that mean that the amp doesn't have an actual FX Loop?

Here's where I would start:

Guitar>Pedals>HK Input>HK SEND>HXS Input>Split A/B>PATH A>Mixer Block Path A HARD PANNED LEFT>Left Output>HK RETURN

>PATH B>wet fx>Mixer Block Path B HARD PANNED RIGHT>Right Output>Joyo RETURN 

Assign your Exp Pedal to the "Route To" parameter of the Split A/B. 

Since you already have one pre-amp (the HK) feeding both amps through the HXS, sending the wet signal to the Joyo's Return prevents the Joyo's pre-amp from further coloring the signal. However, you may find that you prefer that. Also, the Joyo's Channel Levels (Volume knobs) are probably placed before the FX Loop. That means that the wet signal will be hitting a wide open power amp. Although you can control the amount of signal that reaches it using a GAIN Block in Path B, you may find it easier to use the Joyo's Volume Knob if the coloration added to the signal by the Joyo's pre-amp is acceptable. You'll have to experiment.

I'm not sure if there would be a phase issue, and if the amps and HXS are on the same circuit/power strip there shouldn't be a grounding issue, but you do what you gotta do.

I've attached a demo preset.

pureaddict.hlx

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It works great thank you.  I can mix as I please, and the headroom for both the dry sound and wet is amazing.

Today I am trying to create a patch with a 2 speaker Rotary effect (1 x horn and 1 x woofer)

My best efforts involve a Y Split with a stereo 145 Rotary block on each path, one path panned to horn and the other path panned to woofer.

Then pan A left and Pan B right in mixer and out of stereo FX loop block to my amps.

Is there anyway to use just 1 block of 145 Rotary and route the horn to one of my amps and the woofer to the other?

On 5/13/2023 at 6:37 AM, pureaddict said:

It works great thank you.  I can mix as I please, and the headroom for both the dry sound and wet is amazing.

Today I am trying to create a patch with a 2 speaker Rotary effect (1 x horn and 1 x woofer)

My best efforts involve a Y Split with a stereo 145 Rotary block on each path, one path panned to horn and the other path panned to woofer.

Then pan A left and Pan B right in mixer and out of stereo FX loop block to my amps.

Is there anyway to use just 1 block of 145 Rotary and route the horn to one of my amps and the woofer to the other?

I don't see how you'd do that.