Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Quick question about Presets and Snapshots

steveglock

My apologies as I’m sure the answer is available somewhere. But I can’t seem to find the right search term nor can I find it in the HX Edit docs.  Just received my Helix LT, upgrading from HD 500X. 

Is the base Preset the same as Snapshot 1? In HX Edit, when I double click to open a Preset, I see the Preset name in the Library pane and at the top of the window. Just to the right is “Snapshot 1” and the Snapshot drop down list.  As it is documented that we get 8 Snapshots/Preset, I assume there is a way to update the Preset separately from its Snapshot 1. Otherwise it’s 7 unique Snapshots. But so far, I can’t seem to differentiate the 2 in Edit. When I make updates to what I thought was the Preset, switch to Snapshot 2, then select Snapshot 1, the change is there. Preset 12A = Preset 12A(Snapshot 1)?

Thanks!

Steve

Presets have 8 snapshots numbered 1-8. When you open HX Edit on a new preset Snapshot 1 always appears in that spot.

Any snapshot can be edited and assigned to control multiple parameters, and blocks' status (bypassed or not) is saved per snapshot.

However, the snapshot that loads with the preset is the one that is active when the preset is saved.

If the active snapshot when the preset is saved is other than Snapshot 1, that is the snapshot that will appear when that preset is next loaded in HX Edit.

IOW - if Snapshot 2 is active when the preset is saved, the next time the preset is loaded, Snapshot 2 will be the active snapshot and will appear in that space in HX Edit.

• Upvote 2

On 7/1/2023 at 7:43 AM, steveglock said:

But I can’t seem to find the right search term nor can I find it in the HX Edit docs.  Just received my Helix LT, upgrading from HD 500X. 

Hi,

Rather than search through the documentation for the Editor software, if may help if you checked out the
Helix LT 3.0 Owner's Manual > Snapshots > Pages 47-52

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a41edfe64823e79e9cdc/application/pdf/Helix LT 3.0 Owner's Manual - Rev E - English .pdf

Lots more interesting and helpful stuff in there too, as you are new to the Helix platform -  a world difference to the POD H500X.

Oh, here's a video,

Hope this helps/makes sense.