Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Import Helix Tones to HX Stomp

ttorus1

On 7/22/2023 at 11:24 AM, ttorus1 said:

MANCUSO tones Line6.JPGHow can I get Helix Mancuso Sounds artist tone into my HX Stomp? I've tried several times to import downloaded Helix custom tones into my HX; no joy. Any suggestions?

Hi,

As you can see from the icon in the top left of your CustomTone screen shot, the icon is of a Helix floor unit. The Helix floor has 2 DSP chips and 4 available paths, whereas your Stomp has a single DSP and a max of 2 paths.

The Preset was designed to work on a full Helix and it is impossible to load it into your Stomp.

When looking for CustomTone Preset, you should select your device in the drop down menu to search for presets that are compatible with the HX Stomp.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

EDIT:

I had a look at the “Mancuso Sounds” preset from CustomTone - it contains 12 blocks and 4 Snapshots. 
Your HX Stomp can only handle 8 blocks and 3 Snapshots. Not possible, but you could download the demo version of Helix Native DAW Plug-in, which can open it and you can see how it has been constructed.

So I could reconstruct the preset in my HX for the 1 preset I'm particularly interested in, or even two separately.

OR: can I clear all the unnecessary blocks except what's needed for say Snapshot 1, then download a lighter version for use in the HX?

• Upvote 1

On 7/22/2023 at 1:56 PM, ttorus1 said:

So I could reconstruct the preset in my HX for the 1 preset I'm particularly interested in, or even two separately.

OR: can I clear all the unnecessary blocks except what's needed for say Snapshot 1, then download a lighter version for use in the HX?

Absolutely.  Everything works the same in both, you just have to trim things down a bit to fit within the contraints of the Stomp.

• Upvote 1