Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod GO Volume Pedal - controls PA but not amp?!?!?!?

peeweejd

My POD Go volume pedal used to control the volume on both the PA (line out) and the my amp.  Something happened and now the volume pedal stopped controlling my amp (but still controls the PA/line out).

Does anyone know a setting for this?

I was not goofing around when this happened, so if I changed a setting it must have been by accident.

I googled around and found a global setting that sets the position of the expression pedals to "preset" or "global" and I changed it from preset to global but this did not fix it.  I believe this makes the physical setting of the pedal overrule the setting of the pedal in the preset (so you can set your pedal and change presets).

Perhaps your VOL pedal FX block is positioned after the cab/IR block in your preset? The signal fed to the Amp Out jack is tapped immediately before the cab/IR block in the signal chain and will not be affected by any FX block after that.

On 7/26/2023 at 12:26 PM, silverhead said:

Perhaps your VOL pedal FX block is positioned after the cab/IR block in your preset? The signal fed to the Amp Out jack is tapped immediately before the cab/IR block in the signal chain and will not be affected by any FX block after that.

I think this is the case.  I must have moved it.  Thanks for the help!

On 7/26/2023 at 5:26 PM, silverhead said:

This applies only if the amp out is specifically set to do this - otherwise the factory default setting is that the Amp out is the same as the main out (except it's in mono & unbalanced).  Per p7 of the latest manual:

20. AMP OUT This unbalanced output is meant to send directly to the front of your guitar amp. By default, it reflects the same output as the MAIN outputs (except in
mono), but it can be globally switched to be tapped off directly before the Cab/IR block. This way, you can send a cab-emulated signal to your mixer (or FRFR
speaker) while simultaneously sending a non-cab-emulated signal to your guitar amp.

There was an enhancement in v1.30 that changed the way the Pod Go volume knob worked - I can't recall if this also affects the volume pedal behaviour: 

Global Settings > Ins/Outs > Volume Knob

Prior to 1.30, POD Go’s Volume Knob only controlled the Main Outs (and Phones out, of course). Now you can choose whether it controls the Main Outs, Amp Out, or both. IMPORTANT: When connecting POD Go's AMP OUT to the input of a guitar or bass amp, we strongly recommend leaving Global Settings > In/Outs > Volume Knob to "Main Outs," as turning the Volume knob with any other setting will be like adding many boost pedals or attenuators between POD Go and your amp; that is, it'll probably sound totally wrong. Only set this to "Amp Out" or "Both" when connecting the Amp Out to a full-range, flat response (FRFR) speaker, studio monitor, or similar playback system.