Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500 Edit alternative?

catalano

Was any type of alternative editor ever available for the HD500? I'm looking for something Mac based. My HD500 unit still serves me well and I have no need to upgrade to a Helix or anything else. But trying to work with the tiny editor screen on a large monitor is just painful. I really wish Line6 would have put minimal effort into updating the UI on the software, but I doubt that will ever happen at this point. Hoping there is something else workable out there.

On 10/17/2023 at 11:04 AM, catalano said:

But trying to work with the tiny editor screen on a large monitor is just painful.

HA 

Most people talk about the large editor on a small screen. 

The only way to change the size of the editor is to change the resolution of your screen... which isn't ideal. 

I don't know if there are any for Mac (do a search if you want), but for PC there are programs (for example: Dexpot, free for personal use) capable of creating multiple virtual desktops, each with customizable resolution.

The idea would be that moving the POD editor window to a second virtual desktop with lower resolution would have the effect of zooming it, while the other objects that remain on the original desktop would remain the same..

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

On 10/17/2023 at 1:44 PM, hurghanico said:

I don't know if there are any for Mac (do a search if you want), but for PC there are programs capable of creating multiple virtual desktops, each with customizable resolution.
The idea would be that moving the POD editor window to a second virtual desktop with lower resolution would have the effect of zooming it, while the other objects that remain on the original desktop would remain the same..

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

Interesting. I'll have to investigate. Thanks.