Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500X Edit on Mac Sonoma

mtsprout

Hey gang, 

Are any of y'all running HD500X Edit on Mac Sonoma? I have my USB cable hooked up, and if I go into system settings, I can see the hardware attached there, but when I load the software, it says that it can't find a Pod attached. I've rebooted multiple times, and can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks!

2099911875_Screenshot2023-11-11at1_06_17PM.thumb.png.0a7b78f7161095fbef09207f28ff6349.png

Screenshot 2023-11-11 at 1.07.55 PM.png

I can't answer Apple questions. 

But I wanted to give you a heads up.... 

When in Offline Mode, if you plug in your Pod you will 'lose' your presets. But don't panic, they aren't lost. At least, not if you don't hit the send buttons. And they can be resurrected with by hitting the receive button. Unless I have that backwards and it is "avoid receive/rescue send". But the easiest thing to do is close simply EDIT. 

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

had to cope with the same issue. When I opened the system settings I saw my POD HD 500x displayed as "Line 6 audio- MIDI devices". When I clicked on that line, the settings were empty. Especially the information that no driver was installed made me curious. So I downloaded the newest MAC-M1-driver from the Line6 website. After installing that, everything was fine. Good luck to you all! Hopefully this can fix your problems too...

• 2 months later...

I've got the exact same problem on MacBook Air M3 with Sonoma.

I even went as far a checking it wasn't a problem with the HD500X by plugging it into my old Mac (running Big Sur) and all works ok there.

Have Line6 basically dropped any support for the HD500X on any new OSs? Tried to connect to Windows 11 through parallels and no joy there either. I suspect it's a driver problem and Line6 don't care because they basically want you to upgrade to the Helix.