Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Wise Arse Product Support Engineers

es345tds

Anyone ever noticed how HELIX updates provide "detailed" instructions about update procedures and then proceed to give conflicting/confusing instructions? Case in point - Said instructions, in which there are contradictory statements like - " No HELIX Edit update is needed", are followed by a snarky statement like - "you must update HX Edit as well (which you would've done had you followed "How do I update to 3.71?" above). I get tired of "tekie engineers, who have done nothing in their life more than computer speak, being jerks because normal people don't understand their special logic.

End of rant.

So choosing to read instructions instead of forging ahead blindly with a multi-step process, assuming that you won't f*ck it up, now qualifies as "special logic"? There's actually another term for it: common sense... but I digress.

That aside, how much time do you think you've wasted getting miffed at words on a page? Words that were not even directed at you personally. Or are you just cranky because you screwed it up, and then got called out by a memo? If this kind of thing gets your knickers in a twist to this degree, then what sort of short circuit is precipitated by somebody giving you a dirty look in person? Life's rough... if you can't develop a thicker skin, especially for things that don't actually matter and can be readily dismissed, then you're gonna be miserable for the rest of your days. And by your own choice...