Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using UX1 and PodFarm 2 with a Radial ProDI

A noob question here - apologies if the topic has been covered before, wasn’t able to find it.

Anyway I am a long time user of the UX1 and PodFarm 2 for my guitar demo recordings. Now I am to record some clean tracks for reamping in a studio later on, and in order to secure the best possible signal I purchased a Radial ProDI box. I figured I would simply run the guitar through the ProDI and connect it to the UX1 box, this way getting the PodFarm amp sounds while also recording the clean signal.

However the PodFarm sounds are significantly affected when I do this, and sounds real weak and incapacitated. 

Any ideas on why this may be or how to get around it?

Thankful for any help :)

I suspect it has to do with different input signal levels being received in POD Farm, which means different output levels being sent by the UX1 and your DI box. Investigate this and make sure the DI box is sending the same output signal level (probably instrument level) as the UX1.

Also, once you’ve got the same levels for comparison, ask yourself if the DI box is actually producing the ‘best possible’ signal level. Can you tell the difference?