Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects - 6 Button & 6 Snapshots Mode!

Crunch71

I posted the below in Ideascale, but I wanted to post it here as well. Maybe there is a way to do it. I see one other older post as well about this. It seems a no brainer. It would be VERY helpful...

Please give the option to have all 6 switches be a Snapshot. Then switch out of this mode using the mode button. This would be similar to the way 3 Snapshots are avaiailbe in the HX Stomp using only 3 switches.

I really think this is important. Snapshots are the only viable way to use the unit live as there is no delay between changes. 4 Snapshots in the HX Effects is too limiting. To use the unit professionally, 6 snapshots are needed. It seems trivial to implement in software. I am really hoping you implement this, please ! Thanks.

On 3/21/2024 at 10:35 AM, Crunch71 said:

To use the unit professionally, 6 snapshots are needed.

There is nothing wrong with posting the request on ideascale, but that comment is a little extreme isn't it? I would think that all those people that do use the unit professionally would disagree with this!

On 3/21/2024 at 10:35 AM, Crunch71 said:

Snapshots are the only viable way to use the unit live as there is no delay between changes.

Whenever I see this argument I wonder how a guitar player cannot find 500ms to stop playing between songs, or even within a song if they ever "needed" to change a preset.

• Upvote 2

We all use effects in different ways. For me, setting up a bank of patches for every song is not really something I personally want to do. Having 6 Snapshots is an easier, more flexible method for me. So, I apologize. I should clarify that it would be easier to use professionally for ME. That doesn't make anyone who is fine with 4 Snapshots less professional. Yes, my wording is a little forward because I really would like to see it get done. Being offensive to people that like the current way it is setup was not my intent.

More options can be a good thing. Especially, when this is just a software option. 

• Thanks 1