Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD Go Crazy Issues live....

darcy2386

Hey everyone,

Hopefully someone understands what is happening here because I am super frustrated and at a loss.

For the first time I'm attempting to run my POD go into the mixer for FOH and also run into the FX Loop of my head I have sound out the cab. So I'm running a 1/4 to XLR cable from the amp out into the mixer and then a normal 1/4 from the left main out into the FX Return of my amp. 

As soon as I plug any two cables into their respective slot on the back of the pod go I get an insane hum / feedback out the amp. As soon as I unplug either of the two cables the hum / feedback stops. Am I doing something wrong? The hum is crazy loud like not tolerable at all. 

Thank you,

Your cabling is incorrect. You should be running the POD Go Amp Out to your amp’s FX Return and your Main Out to the mixer. Not sure that explains the feedback but it is the proper cabling. In POD Go Global Settings -> Ins/Outs set Amp Out Source to Pre Cab/IR (see manual pg 42).

On 3/23/2024 at 9:15 PM, silverhead said:

Your cabling is incorrect. You should be running the POD Go Amp Out to your amp’s FX Return and your Main Out to the mixer. Not sure that explains the feedback but it is the proper cabling. In POD Go Global Settings -> Ins/Outs set Amp Out Source to Pre Cab/IR (see manual pg 42).

Hey thanks for the reply. So while I was at sound check I actually tried that as well thinking I had the cabling wrong. No matter what I did as soon as I plugged the left main and amp out in the pod go at the same time it was a terrible hum like perhaps a serious grounding issue. 

If I unplug either cable from the pod go the hum stopped and it worked as intended 

Well you have a ground loop. Main Out should be on a TRS to XLR adaptor with an XLR going to the board. For Amp Out, a standard 1/4" cable should be fine.

Out of curiosity, did you try a DI box between the main out and the board? A good DI box has a ground lift switch......this might resolve the issue. I carry one for your exact issue. You never know what power and grounding is going to be like in certain places. Odds are extremely high that the stage outlet you are plugging into is on a different breaker than the outlets at FOH. Heck, they might be on different breaker with different grounds. Or maybe a bad or open ground in the AC power circuit. Your hum is coming from the fact that either the board or your gear has a better pathway to ground and that will induce hum.