Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

MIDI external control (via MAX MsP)- trying to assign parameters in Helix to be controlled by dials in MAX

dzwiekowniawaw

Hi! I am trying to get some external control over Helix via Max Msp, through midi (midi over USB cable is what I use).

I would like to control specific parameters like delay's feedback or mix level, things that need to be assigned to a DIAL, knob, slider- it cannot be a toggle switch.

I have already managed to achieve this to some extend- I have assigned the ext pedal through the 'control assign' to control delay feedback. Then assigned the dial in Max Msp to control the ext pedal via midi. So that works and my dial influences the amount of feedback level.

The only thing is that I would like now to have more assignments like this, and, in the command centre, there are mostly toggle switches to work with, and only two pedals which allow me to have a smooth movement.

Is there a way to directly assign my parameters to Max Msp's dials, or any other way that will allow me to escape the architecture of the device?

Or something I haven't thought of yet? I will be grateful for any suggestions, Aga

Hi,

thank you very much- I know that half of the success is to ask the question well, I'm getting there:)

And yes, the MAX msp bit might have complicated my question-  as the assignment for which I was asking may be done with any sort of assignable dial. I am looking into the link, I think this may be it- will update you once I make it work, hopefully this will be solved for me.