Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can you create a preset that is bypass so you can use stomp box pedals only?

szwakyd

I'm looking for a way I can create a bypass so that I can use my pre-amp and effects loop stomp boxes only. Is there a way to created a preset that is essentially a dry signal so the only effects are my stomp boxes either in my chain before the POD GO and / or in my effects loop?

Please provide more info on your setup. You say 'my pre-amp'. Is that a physical device or do you mean a Pod Go pre-amp model? How are you monitoring your sound and what are the related cables/connections? Why do you want the POD Go in the setup at all; why not just connect your guitar directly to the pre-amp with your stompboxes pre or post as desired?

Have you considered the 4CM setup as described in the manual?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I'm using Pre-amp as in before the pre-amp of the POD GO chain. Specifically, it would be guitar > compressor / Sustainer > OD/Dist > POD GO > send > Sitar Pedal > Chorus > Return > Guitar out > Amp or head phones.

I got the POD GO because sometimes, depending on the song, I like the tones from the effect units, sometimes the tones from mixing my pedals and the POD GO, and sometimes I prefer the sound of my pedals alone. The POD GO was reasonably priced with an effects loop.

Have you tried creating a POD Go preset with all the blocks bypassed (turned off) except the FX Loop?

I don’t have my POD Go handy to try this,  but here’s a snip from the POD Go Edit manual:

Bypassing Blocks
To toggle the bypass of any Preset or Effects type block - do any of the following:
• Hover your mouse cursor over a block within the Signal Flow and use the Bypass
button that appears above the block.
• Right-click on the block and choose Bypass from the context menu.
• Click on the desired block to select it, then use the Bypass button within the
Edit tab.
• Click on the desired block to select it and hit the Spacebar.
• A block’s bypass state, by default, is also stored and recalled with each Snapshot
(see “Configuring & Managing Snapshots” on page 14).

The description doesn’t specify any exceptions so presumably it applies to amp and cab blocks as well. 

On 4/29/2024 at 8:40 PM, szwakyd said:

I just found the 4CM set up. That would not work for my entire set up. It would keep my distortion and compressor before the pre-amp of the POD GO but it would take out my  sitar and chorus pedal in the effects loop. 

If I understand correctly,…

1) Put your distortion and compressor between your guitar and the POD Go Input, and use FX Loop for your sitar and chorus; OR

2) Put your sitar and chorus between the POD GO Main Out and and the amp Return; OR

3) Do both of the above.

The physical setup can be quite flexible. Experiment!