Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

output Mustang Micro into Powercab 112 plus?

marmatkat

Hi Folks. I use a Powercab 112 Plus for gigs with my Helix LT, and I carry an older Boss KATANA-50 as my backup in case the Helix fails. However, I'm thinking of buying a Mustang Micro headphone amp for practice, and I'm wondering if I could output that via its USB-C port to the Powercab as an emergency backup solution. I'm not clear on USB audio concepts, so I hope it's OK to ask here if this is possible (and if so, feasible for my application). Thanks!

I think no, because there is no USB host in this picture.  Both the Mustang Micro and the PC+ are USB clients.  Now, I may be wrong and the Mustang may also act as a host, but I'm skeptical.

Alternatively, you might be able to run the headphone output through a 1/8" to 1/4" cable (as TS not TRS) to the back of the PC and turn the output up high . . . and then get something.   But that input is balanced, not unbalanced, so I'm not sure what the outcome would be.   (and if you use TRS to connect from a stereo output, you definitely get a bad outcome).

A few variables here, and would it sound good?  I doubt it.

• Upvote 1