Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp Preset loaded to Helix Native...sound totally different

vc027708

I'm a relatively new HX Stomp/Native  user so hopefully there's a super quick answer that I'm just not aware of. I've searched the forums, but haven't quite found an answer to my question. 

I'm trying to use Helix Native to tweak my preset settings and then load them back into my HX Stomp. So what I've done is record my wet signal (USB 1) and dry signal (USB 5) directly into my DAW from the Stomp. Then, I setup Native on the dry signal track in the DAW. I exported my preset from my Stomp to my Mac, imported that preset into Native. What I'm finding is that when I A/B the wet track and the dry track running Native, the dry signal sounds COMPLETELY different than the wet signal even though the preset in Native is setup exactly like it is in the Stomp. The wet track is definitely hotter than the dry track, but even increasing the gain on the dry track doesn't fix the issue.

Anyone out there experience this? Am I just missing something simple? 

Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2024 at 2:15 AM, vc027708 said:

I'm a relatively new HX Stomp/Native  user so hopefully there's a super quick answer that I'm just not aware of. I've searched the forums, but haven't quite found an answer to my question. 

I'm trying to use Helix Native to tweak my preset settings and then load them back into my HX Stomp. So what I've done is record my wet signal (USB 1) and dry signal (USB 5) directly into my DAW from the Stomp. Then, I setup Native on the dry signal track in the DAW. I exported my preset from my Stomp to my Mac, imported that preset into Native. What I'm finding is that when I A/B the wet track and the dry track running Native, the dry signal sounds COMPLETELY different than the wet signal even though the preset in Native is setup exactly like it is in the Stomp. The wet track is definitely hotter than the dry track, but even increasing the gain on the dry track doesn't fix the issue.

Anyone out there experience this? Am I just missing something simple? 

Hi,

Well, I have been using my Helix floor and Helix Native (since being released in 2017) with Logic Pro and I have never experienced what you described. Essentially, Helix Native is the software brain that also exists inside the hardware devices - they are identical. Any difference you encounter must be due to how you have it set up and are using it, usually this can be something as simple as the input levels in Native (aim for-18dB)

There could be many, and various factors involved, therefore rather than typing out lots of options I suggest that you go to this link and check some of the solutions offered in the thread.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/sound-quality-difference-between-helix-native-vs-helix-hardware-units.2417766/

Recently, there has been some  discussion on YouTube regarding various Amp Sims plug-ins and how the inputs are being overdriven, which can cause huge differences between tones that should theoretically sound identical.

Check out young Mr. Cordy.

Also, Rabea.

Helix Native also has its own specific area in these forums.

https://line6.com/support/forum/90-helix-native/

Hope this helps/makes sense.

EDIT:

If you haven't read this before - do it now.

https://line6.com/data/6/0a00050b07b166314173f4061/application/pdf/Helix Native Pilot's Guide 3.70 - English .pdf

Edited by datacommando
Added link