Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DMC.Micro Pro Help?

Drybonz

Hey guys... just picked up a DMC.Micro Pro to add some buttons on to my HX Stomp.  I'm a beginner to Midi and still a bit overwhelmed after looking through the manual.  The pedal is set so that it scrolls through my presets out of the box, but my goal is to set it up, at a minimum to scroll through banks instead, and maybe use the hold function to switch between snapshots and stomp.  I'm going to be using the web editor.  Will this be something I can do using the utility modes in the pedal?  Any help setting this up is appreciated.  Thanks.

Hi.

The HX Stomp doesn't use MIDI banks. You can only achieve bank switching by setting up some foot switches on the Stomp to do that. You can then emulate pressing those bank foot switches via MIDI [CC #48+x where x is the foot switch number e.g. emulating pressing FS4 is MIDI CC#52].

See HX manual p.60 for what the HX can do MIDI wise and add:

CC 72 value 64-127 = next preset, value 0-63 = previous preset.

CC 73 toggles between Play and Edit views

The DMC manual gives some HX specific suggestion on p. 21.

I believe I had FS4 and 5 set to scroll presets, so assumed that might be how it was set up by default.

So, I set the buttons to 52 and 53 in the editor on the utility X page and now it controls FS4 and 5 and then I changed those to bank up and down in the HX and it's working.  I have bank up and down buttons.  Thanks for the help.

For the number values, is there a good resource, other than Disaster Area's HX recipes page and the HX manual, to find what numbers to enter for various functions, or do those represent all the possibilities?

On 6/13/2024 at 5:54 AM, Drybonz said:

I believe I had FS4 and 5 set to scroll presets, so assumed that might be how it was set up by default.

So, I set the buttons to 52 and 53 in the editor on the utility X page and now it controls FS4 and 5 and then I changed those to bank up and down in the HX and it's working.  I have bank up and down buttons.  Thanks for the help.

For the number values, is there a good resource, other than Disaster Area's HX recipes page and the HX manual, to find what numbers to enter for various functions, or do those represent all the possibilities?

The manual is for firmware 3.0. Since then updates have been made and MIDI functionality has been added. Unfortunately there is no comprehensive document for this AFAIK You can see the firmware changes here.

But I think CC#72 and CC#73 are the only relevant additions for you.