Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Will a POD HD500 not X power JTV-69?

Yes, it will..

The Variax JTVs were released before the HD500X therefore at that time they were normally connected to the HD500 for power and editing.

A problem of missing full functionality exists only for owners of the first generation Variax guitars (ie those that existed before JTVs) if they are connected to the HD500X as they are still powered but editing via POD as an interface to the to the proper workbench app is no longer possible where instead editing from JTV generation onwards would be.

Sweet!!! Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I found a pretty good price on one so I really wanted to get some thing to power my jtv69.  I’m excited.  Plus, maybe then I can save some tunings with effects. Thank you again. I really appreciate it.

500 connects using the VDI port and VDI cable,... and will power the 69. But it can't be used as an interface for

updating the 69.

500X connects and powers thru the VDI, connects to Monkey and Workbench HD app.