Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't Instant channel switch with snapshots - Bad Cat Jet Black

Jimpok

Hello

I'm trying to change my amp, Bad Cat Jet Black channels with the ext amp channel control on the Helix LT. I can assign a footswitch and connect a TRS cable then assign a footswitch to either tip - to change channel or ring - turn tremolo on/off. That works fine. But if I try and set it up so that when a snapshot changes and I assign one of the instant slots it does nothing. Whenever I change a setting in the command centre on snapshot 1 then go to another snapshot 2  and change a setting when I go back to the snapshot 1 it hasn't saved the setting. 

Also the Bad Cat tip channel change switches 1 and 2. The ring the tremolo. Some amps use tip for channel 1 ring for channel 2. Can't find much from Bad Cat about the foot switch. If it uses short to sleeve or differential voltage.  

If you have any ideas I love to hear them.

Cheers

In Global Settings>Preferences, SNAPSHOT EDITS needs to be set to RECALL, else you need to SAVE the preset before switching Snapshots.

The following assumes that the FS overrides the panel switch settings and that TIP = CHANNEL and RING = TREM.

SS1 - IC1 = NONE

The amp should be on Ch1, Trem OFF

SS2 - IC1 = TIP

The amp should be on CH 2, Trem OFF

SS3 - IC1 = 1 and 2

Amp should be on Ch2, Trem ON

SS4 - IC1 = RING

Amp should be on Ch1, Trem ON

Since I don't have a channel switching amp, I tested this with a multi-meter.

Example preset attached.

Jimpok Badcat.hlx

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

rd2rk this is amazing thank you so much. Just to let you know that everything for me is inverted so ss1 is channel 2 with trem, ss2 is channel 1 with trem, ss3 is channel 1 no trem etc. But I understand why and I can totally work with that. Again thank you for taking the time to make this preset, I was really contemplating taking the BadCat back which would have been a real shame because I think it sounds great. I also now understand the setting you said to change at the beginning "SNAPSHOT EDITS needs to be set to RECALL" otherwise when changing settings in the command centre it doesn't safe them. Excellent, now another lollipop load of hours messing around with sounds. Cheers man

On 8/31/2024 at 10:36 PM, rd2rk said:

In Global Settings>Preferences, SNAPSHOT EDITS needs to be set to RECALL, else you need to SAVE the preset before switching Snapshots.

The following assumes that the FS overrides the panel switch settings and that TIP = CHANNEL and RING = TREM.

SS1 - IC1 = NONE

The amp should be on Ch1, Trem OFF

SS2 - IC1 = TIP

The amp should be on CH 2, Trem OFF

SS3 - IC1 = 1 and 2

Amp should be on Ch2, Trem ON

SS4 - IC1 = RING

Amp should be on Ch1, Trem ON

Since I don't have a channel switching amp, I tested this with a multi-meter.

It sounds like the snapshots aren’t saving the channel/tremolo settings correctly. Try setting the desired changes in the command center for each snapshot, then save them individually. For the Bad Cat footswitch, it may help to contact Bad Cat directly for clarification on the channel-switching mechanism. I came across https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/best-nursing-essay-writing-service-essay-experts-network-yhjne when my sister needed help with her nursing essays. It lists some great services that are specifically for nursing students, which was exactly what she needed. If you're studying nursing and need a bit of extra help with your essays, I recommend checking this article out. It made her life a lot easier, and the services suggested are trustworthy.

Example preset attached.

Jimpok Badcat.hlx 7.68 kB · 1 download

Thanks for answering, you made my day.