Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DL4 mkII Undo/Redo for Classic Looper mode (Feature request)

Just a feature request idea for Classic Looper mode: an Undo/Redo function whereby you can hold down the Play/Stop button for say, one second. I know this is available with the 1-Button Looper, but it might make a handy addition to Classic mode.

Interesting request. The looper would respond to the initial push down by immediately playing back the loop before it can recognize that you are holding down the button. So you would hear the loop playback for some time interval. Is that OK with you? Because there are a number of threads here complaining about exactly that behaviour.

I guess I'm imagining that the Play and Stop functions would only respond to a quick "click and release", and would not respond to the switch being held down at all. Meanwhile the Undo and Redo would only respond to being held down for one second (or similar increment of time). Now granted, while this idea seems to make sense in my head, I have no way of knowing how the execution would actually work and feel in the real world. Seems doable though...unless I'm missing something.  

Ok, perhaps pressing Play from a stopped position could respond to both click and release, or being held down. Then once in Play mode, Stop would only respond to click and release, and a held press would activate Undo/Redo.

There’s no such thing as a ‘click and release’ as a single identifiable action. All functions start with the click which is critical to get the timing right on the loop start/stop functions. The release is meaningless unless it’s after a hold of sufficient duration.