Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Best multi effect pedal for catalyst 200

horax

Inhave a catalyst 200, but am wanting to get a few more effects that the amp does not utilize. 

id like a fuzz, better reverb, maybe a compressor, etc. 

What would be your take on this? What’s the best multi effect pedal for the money , or should I just add individual pedals?

Let me clarify...it was late last night.

As the catalyst is unable to download more effects or replace those that came with it (which would be cool), I am at a crossroads where I'm considering either:

1) going back to tubes and using my so-so pedal collection to get tones

2) using a multi-effect board to run into my catalyst

3) buying some higher end pedals to run with my so-so pedals and running those into the catalyst

I'm thinking a multi-effect board is the way to go for maximum flexibility, but I'm a bit worried for a few reasons:

1) shelf life of technology.  Does the tech evolve quickly enough to make any board I purchase outdatedd in a few years?  Resale value drops massively when that happens

2) which board is best? Boss me-90? HX Effects? Pod go 2.0?  so many options, no way to try them out

On 10/7/2024 at 10:51 AM, horax said:

I'm thinking a multi-effect board is the way to go for maximum flexibility, but I'm a bit worried for a few reasons:

1) shelf life of technology.  Does the tech evolve quickly enough to make any board I purchase outdatedd in a few years?  Resale value drops massively when that happens

2) which board is best? Boss me-90? HX Effects? Pod go 2.0?  so many options, no way to try them out

1) Yes, any electronic device you purchase now (not restricted to guitar multi-FX pedals) will become outdated in a few years. I guess  what matters is your personal definition of ‘a few’. But in any case unless the device malfunctions it will continue to do what it did when you bought it. Always buy electronic devices for what they will do for you today, not what it might or might not be able to do in the future.

2) Of the examples above I would avoid the POD Go because it includes amp/cab modeling which you don’t seem to want, so why pay for it? I recommend the HX FX but I don’t have any experience with BOSS pedals. You can probably try them out at your local Line 6 retailer.

On 10/7/2024 at 9:15 AM, silverhead said:

1) Yes, any electronic device you purchase now (not restricted to guitar multi-FX pedals) will become outdated in a few years. I guess  what matters is your personal definition of ‘a few’. But in any case unless the device malfunctions it will continue to do what it did when you bought it. Always buy electronic devices for what they will do for you today, not what it might or might not be able to do in the future.

2) Of the examples above I would avoid the POD Go because it includes amp/cab modeling which you don’t seem to want, so why pay for it? I recommend the HX FX but I don’t have any experience with BOSS pedals. You can probably try them out at your local Line 6 retailer.

Will the Pod GO amp/cab sims work with the catalyst?  Taht would be cool to play with.