Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

"immersive" Stereo Fx - Where Are They?

bitmobruce

I bought the Amplifi 75, prepared for "a truly immersive guitar experience". The wet/dry concept touted in the promotional material seems so right and is. But ...

Where are the stereo effects that can actually take advantage of the speaker system? I know the speaker system can work for stereo. When I plug external stereo FX boxes (like my Zoom and Kemper) through the Aux input  I can clearly hear the stereo. With the internal Amplifi voices - not so much. If I plug in headphones, I can find a (very) few chorus and reverb FX that might be stereo but they are so subtle that I cannot hear the effect through the speakers.

Also, several of the effects that have "Stereo" in there name seem to actually be mono. 

Chorus, leslies, ping pong delays, and reverb should all be able to take advantage of the stereo speaker system. Otherwise, what is all the hype about?

• Upvote 1

Actually the effects are stereo, it runs them through the 2 little top speakers and guitar out of the Celestion. Turn it down and put your ears to the speakers and it's there, not as pronounced as pedals per say but it IS there. Shines through on chorus effects

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, I have to really concentrate to hear the stereo, even for ping pong delay. I thought the whole point was to NOT have effects through the Celestion at all, only the dry signal.

However, I do enjoy the amp's sound in general and it's great for music streaming....