Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I can't connect my Pod HD to PC through an USB cable

rocklandz

Problem solved after i reinstall my windows! Thanks all to you guys for your helps! 

Glad to hear ya got it going.

Years ago I had bought a new desktop computer, which I still have, and had issues similiar to this except at the time I didn't have any Line 6 stuff or guitars. I called the geek squad, they sent a tech. He spent 4 hours and 167 of my dollars to tell me I had a "bad load", lol and he left me with a still broken software problem. So I ended up fixing it myself by digging in and reloading the OS, which worked for sometime although I wasn't using the computer very much. Eventually, It acted up again, at this ppoint I did a test on the hardrive the OS was installed on and found out the disk had a bad sector. I replaced the hard drive reinstalled the OS and never had a problem since. After this I asked myself why couldn't the tech do a disk check? I knoiw he didn't 'cause I watched him work on it. Ever since that episode I did my own work, and told everyone I know about that experience.

Moral of the story: There are times you have to take the "bull by the horns". Research your problem or just "dig in" and fix things yourself. Software breaks and it needs to be fixed by reinstalling, hardware breaks and need to be fixed or replaced.

Edited by Brazzy

Problem solved after i reinstall my windows! Thanks all to you guys for your helps! 

just nother verification of previous posts...

One major critical factor that nobody pays any attention at all is the computer’s operating system (OS).  Remember that all L6 s/w operates on top of the OS.  If the OS is not working flawlessly and virus-free (and believe it or not,  a certain OS in many cases it is not), then nothing performs as expected. So, as a rule of thumb, always perform a FW update after a FRESH REBOOT, with no other "..daemons" running on ur PC.

http://line6.com/support/topic/7299-java-tm-se-binary-not-working/?do=findComment&comment=50394

even with bright new machines, bro murphy’s law still proves itself...

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I own and plenty professional rackmount equipment.  This issue has been a problem for POD HD Pro for a long time.  Repeated request to Customer Support to address and fix the issue have gone unanswered.  The POD HD Pro is the only equipment I own that is not Professional Level.  It's for musicians on a budget.  All, and I mean all the professional equipment I own is supported by excellent customer support.  If it is not than I return it.  Period.  I bought the POD HD Pro because I cannot use an amplifier in my area.  It has been nothing but problems since the day I bought it. 

My Experience:  I am a computer systems builder. 

Answer:  Don't buy again.

• 3 months later...

Here's two things that might help you fix your problem.  This is what fixed my issue. (Windows 10, POD HD 300 wasn't connecting due to driver issues of some sort). FYI I had my POD HD working previously but due to a power outage something got messed up and it stopped connecting.

1. In Device Manager go to the "Unrecognized Device" entry and click "Update Driver Software..".  In the menus click "Browse my Computer for software" and then at the bottom "Let me pick from a list.." and then go to "Line 6" and see if your driver software is there.  I tried installing mine but it got stuck in an infinite loop and i had to restart the computer.  

2. Something I didn't realize at first is that the POD HD can install drivers even when it's unplugged from power.  I plugged the POD HD USB cable in after doing step 1 while the thing was not powered and it still installed drivers.  After that I plugged in power and it worked.  For some reason having the thing powered on may affect the driver installation.  

I hope these tips at least help you troubleshoot.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I have today tried to re-connect my HD500 to my PC and this error of being unable to install new driver with 4.2.7.1 to my POD. Without the re-installing of Windows.... and will I need Windows 10, is there any other way to resolve this issue? It's not recognising my device. I'm needing help asap. Many thanks Johnny