wkappauf

Podxt - Can't Load Lincoln Brewster Tones

I have an old PodXT.  Everything is up to date.  Today I tried to load Lincoln Brewster's tone library but I get the message "This tone uses an amp or effect from an expansion pack that you do not own".  Is there anyway to find out what expansion pack the tone library needs?  The message is not very informative.

Thanks.

i think you can load it even though you don't have the particular effects. obviously it won't sound the same. also, the only way to tell is if the poster notes that in the comments

Thanks for the reply.  I was afraid of that.  The tone does load but does not sound right, not even close.  Then again, its me playing tone or no tone. :)

Does it show any greyed out effects / amps?

If not, you can try downloading POD Farm 1 to open the tone. It might load all effects/amps and grey out the ones you do not have.

Or post a link to the tone and I can take a look tonite or tomorrow.

I learned a bit more.  It uses a Variac Plexi model which is part of the PowerPack.  My license manager shows that I have PowerPack installed, but when I turn on the pod it displays Standard Model Set Loaded.  I wonder if this could be it.  I don't see anything grayed out, the patch (18B) that I have played with shows the correct amp, cabinet and mic.

Here is the link to the tones:

http://www.lincolnbrewster.com/podpatches/LB-PODxtLive.l6t.zip.

Thanks.

I can't seem to find the tone file.

Can you upload it to the thread?

Oh yeah, the patches of interest are 16c, 17d, 18b, 18c, and 18d.

Thanks.

Yikes!!

Not sure when I'll have a chance to swap out bundles,  will try to get to it by Wednesday, otherwise I won't be able to until Sunday.