Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can switches on HD500 be set as "radio buttons"

4417dnorris

I'd like to have one switch turn on an effect and at the same time turn off another effect.

An example would be: press one switch to turn on a delay set for quarter note delay, then later press another switch that would turn on dotted quarter delay and turn off the quarter note delay.

Could be I could use tap to trick it or a pedal to change the parameter, but at this time I've use them for other things.

I believe the foot switches aren't ON/OFF so much as they are TOGGLE. So if you start with 1 FX ON and the other OFF you can use one footswitch to toggle them both from ON/OFF to OFF/ON. So for you, use two FX blocks, each containing a delay set with a different delay amount (quarter note and dotted-quarter, for example), and set one ON and the other OFF, each controlled by the same footswitch, and it should work. However, if you also need the OFF/OFF state then you may need to use a 2nd dedicated footswitch to turn just ONE of them ON/OFF. But once you get them to be ON/OFF or OFF/ON, then the toggle idea should work.

• Upvote 2

Exactly. Just be sure that, after assigning both FX to be controlled by the same FS, SAVE the preset in the state with one FX On and the other Off. Then when you recall the preset in the future, the one FS will toggle both FX On/Off simultaneously.

Yes, I use it this way all the time. If you're concerned about LED being on for a specific effect, you may have to play around with the order. For example. I have used a couple of patches with two instances of a particular distortion pedal, one having a higher gain value. I like the light to come on when the higher gain pedal is in use. If I recall correctly, I had to put the higher gained one in front of the lower gain one.

When you assign the pedals make sure that they are in the state that you want them. So if you have two delays, make sure one is off and the other is on (as opposed to both being on or off).