Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Are there 'real' benefits by upgrading to v 2.10?

scottyo78

Hi,

The audio feedback issue that is supposedly fixed by version 2.10 has never been an issue with my HD500. I run out both of the 1/4" outs to two separate (stereo) amps, record and play live to PA using both of the XLR's and I run HD500 Edit via USB... and yet I've never had a feedback issue.

Has anyone noticed any other inherant benefits?

For example...

• Does the tempo update on the actual unit now via HD500 Edit?
  • Is the tuner visibly available on the HD500 Edit panel?

Thanks,

Scott

I guess you've been lucky; I had that feedback issue happen 3 or 4 times in the 2 years I've owned the pedal. I'd say it rarely happens and when it does, you can get rid of that by changing patches. That's why I've played live with the POD, otherwise, if the problem was persistent I wouldn't have used it live. But the thing is it will happen sometime in the future so I'd recommend you update following all the procedures (backup, update, reset to default, calibrate pedal) so you don't have any issues.

• Upvote 2

OK, I guess that's enough evidence to warrant updating.

I'm one who tends to follow the old adage: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". ;)

Does the update still require a re-cal of the pedal and a global update/reset of some kind?