Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Toneport ignoring all amp/cabinet simulations

Hi- I recently upgraded to  a new computer with Windows 8 installed. When re-installing my Toneport UX-2, I've found that now it merely acts as an audio interface--I can play my bass through it, and it routes audio from the computer to my amp/speaker setup [i couldn't use my previous audio interface, an EMU 4040, as the slots no longer match up with the new computer]. But i seem to have lost access to all but a handful of my [factory] amp/cabinent patches, and even the ones that boot up are ignoring anything I do with their "knobs". The only "page" that affects the output is the mixer page--the volume knobs will still raise or decrease the volume. All the amp heads' volume, gain, or EQ knobs do nothing to the output. HELP!

Did you run the newest version of Monkey?

You should have green ticks for drivers, PF, ect...

Have you run the License Manger?

Also, if this is an older Toneport, it may only have PF 1.12, if that is the case make sure you are launching PF1 and not PF2.

I've run the latest version of Money--all drivers etc are up to date.

I've run license manager.

It is showing POD Farm 2. This IS an old Toneport model [the red-faced type]. If POD Farm 2 is an issue, how do I run the earlier version?

Yeah, the older Toneports typically did not come with PF2, unless it was first registered after a certain date (I think Oct 2010??) when Line6 started rolling out PF2 with the POD Studios. So you will need to use PF 1.12 unless you purchase(d) an upgrade to PF2.

Monkey should have installed it already, but double check to see if you have a green tick for PF 1.12.

Locate the PF1 launch icon in the Line6 folder (not sure where Win 8 might put a shortcut).

FWIW, I am using Win 7, my daughter has Win8, but I haven't used it enough to be familiar with the GUI yet.

Not seeing POD Farm 1 [or 1.12] at all in my folders, or in Line 6 Monkey. It IS showing Gearbox, which I had previously on my XP system, but haven't installed on my new system. Could that be the problem?

Well, Gearbox installed with no problems, and is behaving itself--I can load various tones, stomp boxes, amps, and cabinets and tweak them as I see fit. HURRAH!

However, if I'm reading the download page correctly, POD Farm 1 is incompatible with Windows 8. POD Farm 2 seems to be my only option.