Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M9 MIDI use with other devices

tdk8709

I am reworking my setup, and am attempting my first try at some serious MIDI implementation.  Currently, I am using a Timefactor to send MIDI clock to a Timeline, then to an M9, which is working great as far as I can tell.  I am also using the Timefactor to enable corresponding presets on the Timeline for each song, which is also working fine.

But that's where I run into an issue with the M9.  Some of the commands coming from the TF and thru the TL are doing random stuff on the M9 (calling up scenes/patches, tuner, etc).  While it would be nice to be able to use the TF to call up presets on the M9, too, I doubt it's possible (but if it IS possible please tell me how!!), and would just like it to respond to MIDI clock and nothing else.

Any way to get it to ignore the MIDI commands working between the other two, and just change tempo with the clock?

The Midi on the M9 is very poor at best, But excellent on the TF, so your best bet is to use the M9 first in the chain as it can really only send out program change messages (and limited to about 24 of those), Once the signal goes into the TF you can route it any way you like from there.