These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

POD HD 500 start up problem "logo Line 6 - loop"
by Superikbelgium on 2011-07-09 05:04:57

My POD HD 500 is blocked.

When I start up, the Line 6 Logo comes after 5 seconds it dissapears and comes back for ever....

I don't know exactly when it started. I was playing aropund with FX-effects and I had also doawnloaded some tones from the community site... and suddenly I got this LINE6 Logo.

I disconnected and tried to start up again, but I don't get any further than the Line6 logo.

I have seen on a forum that this problem is known but I can't find a clear answer how to solve it. Someone seems to have solved it holding the TAP Footswitch and the Enter button, but that does not work.

Can someone please help me!!

(you can also send mail to me regarding this matter on qpv2004@hotmail.com)

Re: POD HD 500 start up problem "logo Line 6 - loop"
by Octo777 on 2011-07-09 05:18:51

Superikbelgium wrote:

My POD HD 500 is blocked.

When I start up, the Line 6 Logo comes after 5 seconds it dissapears and comes back for ever....

I don't know exactly when it started. I was playing aropund with FX-effects and I had also doawnloaded some tones from the community site... and suddenly I got this LINE6 Logo.

I disconnected and tried to start up again, but I don't get any further than the Line6 logo.

I have seen on a forum that this problem is known but I can't find a clear answer how to solve it. Someone seems to have solved it holding the TAP Footswitch and the Enter button, but that does not work.

Can someone please help me!!

(you can also send mail to me regarding this matter on qpv2004@hotmail.com)

This is seriously one of the most overasked questions on this forum.

People need to search more as it has been answered dozens if not hundreds of times already.

Power Up while holding the Left Arrow cursor down does a global reset and can stop the Logo loop.

Maybe Line 6 should add the information to the linked document that doing the Global reset is the first port of call for those unfortunate enough to experience a logo loop.......

by chapter3 on 2011-07-09 07:01:46

Just encountered the same problem : Logo loop ... nice description of the problem.

If this problem has been posted on this forum hundreds of times then Line6 should fix the problem ASAP !!!

Thanks for the solution Octo777 ! It worked ...

I could start up my POD but all my presets were gone : had to transfer them again with line 6 edit software.

Having this problem on stage means the end of the gig if you haven't got a laptop with backup lying around.

Reliability ???  Have had the POD since end of 2010 and hadn't had a single problem so far.  I guess the loop problem is a software bug in the latest update from line 6 ...

Line6 : clean up your mess !!!

by Octo777 on 2011-07-09 09:25:29

chapter3 wrote:

Just encountered the same problem : Logo loop ... nice description of the problem.

If this problem has been posted on this forum hundreds of times then Line6 should fix the problem ASAP !!!

Thanks for the solution Octo777 ! It worked ...

I could start up my POD but all my presets were gone : had to transfer them again with line 6 edit software.

Having this problem on stage means the end of the gig if you haven't got a laptop with backup lying around.

Reliability ???  Have had the POD since end of 2010 and hadn't had a single problem so far.  I guess the loop problem is a software bug in the latest update from line 6 ...

Line6 : clean up your mess !!!

If your presets were gone then it had nothing to do with the procedure I posted above as that is only a Global Reset and should not affect patches.

The Loop has been on the go since the Pod was first released and has nothing to do with the most recent Firmware update,

Most commonly these Logo loops only seem to occur if people have been editing patches while using HD Edit or downloading patches from custom tone.

It seems to me that the reason it happens is due to a minor glitch occasionally caused by the infinite possibillity of variables when it comes to A: the way patches are set up on one device and then transfered to another that is set up in a different way (clearly possible from Custom Tone downloads) and B: When editing the Pod via USB.

Therefore the chances of a logo loop happening during a live show is minimal at best and even if you do happen to experience it and have to do a Global reset, the chances of your patches being gone are also minimal.

I personally only use the HD Edit for backing up set lists and making mass changes to set lists.

I do all my patch editing on the device itself and have NEVER had any patch corruptions occur UNLESS it's been when downloading a patch to test for someone who was experiencing an issue.

There is no "mess" to be cleared up in my opinion.

by Superikbelgium on 2011-07-09 11:29:29

Thank you. I've done what you told me to and ik worked. You have helped me a lot.

You said that this question has been asked many times. I really did search for it on the forum for about one hour, and I dd not found it. Maybe I used the wrong key words.

And since it has been asked many times before it should have been listed in het "Freqently asked question". Isn't that the definition of a question that returns many times? And I hope Line 6 will put it in the manual too.

Anyway. I am very glad you have helped me. Thank you again.

by ozbadman on 2011-07-09 11:49:16

When you do searches, you have to go into the advanced options and select discussions, which is not selected by default.

by Alderoth on 2012-07-04 08:39:07

Hell mine won't even get to a logo screen.  Just a blueish white and sits there.

by TheRealZap on 2012-07-04 08:40:44

then yours is dead, dead and will require a service center... no other hope.

by capdaen on 2013-01-31 22:14:03

I have this problem for the second time now. Resetting doesn't work. I sent it to the service center, they replaced something in the hardware and it was fixed for some weeks. Now I have exactly the sam problem again. There is really something wrong with the pod hd 500!

by TheRealZap on 2013-02-01 10:34:33

mine's never done this unless i put a tone on it from somwhere else that has issues or was converted from one type to the other...

by mikespike2008 on 2013-04-13 05:48:06

Just had the same problem after trying to save a tone edited on POD HD500 Edit. The left arrow while powering on fixed it but I too thought I had lost all my settings. Turned out the individual sounds were still there but the names on some of the 8 banks had reverted to some old ones.

Agree that there is a problem to be fixed by LIne 6 if this has been happening for a long time - the standard Windows set in the early days is not a thing footpedals should aspire to.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.