These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

POD LiveX3 Audio dropout
by kerosene on 2011-10-29 01:25:51

Hey all,

I've been using my LiveX3 for a few years now, without many problems. Mostly minor stuff that can be easily fixed or ignored. But now I'm getting this seriously annoying audio drop out. I'll be playing for approx 4-5 min and everything will freeze solid (gearbox metronome and/or DAW) for a few seconds then come back online. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

As fas as I know all the latest updates are installed. Everything run through Windows 7.

Thanks for the help

RE: POD LiveX3 Audio dropout
by Line6Don on 2011-11-01 10:07:40

Hey kerosene,

Make sure you have applied all available Windows updates, computer hardware driver updates. Then make sure you are running the latest version of Line 6 Monkey:

Windows Line 6 Monkey 1.43:

http://line6.com/getrelease?rid=4223

Once Line 6 Monkey is installed, remove any additional unnecessary USB and firmware devices from your computer when troubleshooting this issue. Make sure to connect it directly to a USB port and not a USB hub, extension, or keyboard of any kind, preferably connect it to a USB port on the rear of computer. Try using additional USB cables and every USB port available until you are able to launch Line 6 Monkey and detect the device.

After Launching Line 6 Monkey apply any updates that are available until you have a green check next to each component.

Try again to see if you experience any dropouts, if you do, try every USB port available until you have exhausted all available ports.

Re: RE: POD LiveX3 Audio dropout
by kerosene on 2011-11-02 00:11:12

I'm using an Acer quadcore laptop with Windows 7. Wifi is off. Power usage is optimized at high performance. Indeed everything that can be turned off is off. Everything from Line6 is newest. I'll try the other usb ports. But I'm wondering why this is happenning now. I've had the thing for a few years with very few problems and this just starts happenning. Weird.

by Line6david on 2011-11-02 16:50:32

Hi,

Check out our USB Audio Troubleshooting Guide as well:

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-4282

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

by kerosene on 2011-11-06 02:54:44

Following Line6Don's advice I've tried all the usb ports and found oen that appears to work problem free. So for now at least I'll consider the problem solved.

Thanks for the help.

Re: POD LiveX3 Audio dropout
by Line6david on 2011-11-08 10:51:16

Hi,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved. Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.