These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Pod HD500 x Amp and mixer
by leandroguima on 2011-12-27 09:21:18

Hi guys,

How do I connect my POD HD500 with amp and mixer? Is it possible? Could you exemplify?

I've tried to connect:

POD: L/MONO>Pre Amp

POD: R/MONO>Mixer

Thanks,

Leandro

Re: Pod HD500 x Amp and mixer
by andreasmaniotto on 2011-12-27 09:52:55

What do you need to do exactly? Why do you need to connect to amp and mixer as well?

You need to record and play at the same time?

by leandroguima on 2011-12-27 10:01:03

Hi,

I play in a church and I use the amp such as return, at the same time I would like to send to mixer.

Thanks

by Line6david on 2011-12-30 14:31:58

Hi,

Connect the Unbalanced L/Mono out to your guitar amp so you have stage volume. Then connect the Left side of the balanced XLR outs to the mixing console. This way you can have the signal routed through the mains and have volume on stage.

If you would like the bypass the preamp in your guitar amp you can send the L/Mono unbalanced out to the FX loop return of your amplifier.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

by leandroguima on 2012-01-03 08:44:44

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply. I'll buy a XLR cable and try this kind of connection.

Thanks,

Leandro

by wjoyce on 2012-01-03 09:49:08

Forgive me if I'm wrong here, but if the OP sets an output mode other than Studio/Direct for the amp input, then won't this be the same for the balanced XLR outs and potentially not sound as good when output to a PA?

RE: Pod HD500 x Amp and mixer
by Line6Don on 2012-01-06 10:44:39

Line6David's answer above is correct. I have marked the answer that is correct for your question, please help out the community by marking other suggestions that were helpful to you as "Helpful Answer".

If you still have questions or are still experiencing an issue please start a new thread and mark the discussion as a question. To do so you can follow the link below and Ask a Question:

http://line6.com/support/community/support/

For more information about using the Online Technical Support System please review our FAQ at the link below:

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-1451

Thanks!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.