I finally found a solution -- I CAN'T BELIEVE!!!!!!!!
I had to disable the Gatekeeper. http://osxdaily.com/2016/09/27/allow-apps-from-anywhere-macos-gatekeeper/
Here are the instructions on how to do it. After some research and many failed tries, I succeeded after I did these steps:
- Open Terminal from Applications > Utilities > Terminal
- Run the following command:
sudo spctl --master-disable
It may ask for your user password.
- Open Security & Privacy panel and you will be able to see this new option Anywhere. Enable it! (unlock the padlock will be needed to make this change).
- Now, If you had previously installed the Line6 driver, it must be uninstalled.
- Install the driver again -- I've installed directly from the driver file, without using Line 6 Monkey, don't know if it will work.
- When prompt, restart your computer. Open up the Security & Privacy panel again and *crossed fingers* you'll be able to see this message:
- Click Allow and that's it :)
After those steps I could open POD HD500x Edit and BOOM, it's connected
I hope this works for those who are having the same problem!