Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'hls'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Community Support
    • Multi-Effects Units
    • Variax Instruments
    • Amplifiers
    • Computer Based Recording
    • Live Sound
    • Pedals/Controllers
    • Dream Rig - Line 6 Product Integration
  • General Discussion
    • Tone Discussion
    • Line 6 Lounge


  • General FAQ
    • Operating System-specific Information
  • Tutorial Videos
  • Effects/Controllers
    • HELIX/HX
    • DL4 MkII Stompbox Modeler
    • FBV Controllers (MKII / 3)
    • M5
  • Amplifiers
    • Powercab
    • Catalyst
    • Spider V
  • POD
    • POD Go
    • Pocket POD
  • Guitars
    • JTV / Shuriken / Variax Standard / Workbench HD
  • Relay/XD-V Digital Wireless
  • Recording
    • Helix Native
    • Metallurgy
    • Echo Farm/Amp Farm
    • POD Farm 1/2.0/2.5
    • Computer Audio Set Up and Troubleshooting
  • Legacy Products
    • POD
    • Amps
    • 1st Gen Variax Guitars / Bass / Workbench
    • Effects and Controllers
    • AMPLIFi Series
    • Live Sound
    • Digital Wireless
    • Mobile Products
    • POD Studio / Tone Port / GuitarPort
    • Software
    • Dream Rig

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL







Registered Products

Found 2 results

  1. Hello, I am working on a MIDI controller with LED displays and I would like to use a backup file (format .hls) to retrieve the name and footswitch default status (i.e. what FS is on/off for each snapshot when I go to the preset or change snapshot etc). Since I don't change my setlist that frequently I am not trying to read directly from the unit but instead hard code the names and behaviors based on the .hls. I use a JSON parser to decode the .hls file and see there is a section called footswitch Here is an example (see full file in attachment) 'footswitch': {'dsp0': {'block0': {'@fs_enabled': True, '@fs_index': 5, '@fs_label': 'Volume ' 'Pedal', '@fs_ledcolor': 65408, '@fs_momentary': False, '@fs_primary': True}, 'block1': = etc.. Based on that, I originally assumed that each @fs_index would refer to a footswitch with @fs_enable for the status. However, that doesn't seem to be the case because I have a few setups with @fs_index > 5. To make things more confusing, I also see some presets without the 'footswitch' blocks though there are setup in the unit. Has anyone be able to understand how the hsl file work for the foot-switches assignment ? Any guidance on how to interpret the structure of this file ? Thank you. Pat. Test.txt
  2. I have recieved the following error codes; 1. When I 'Restore From Backup' [File>Restore From Backup] I get "Error occurred during the restore: Unknown, (code -8103) Do you want to retry?" This happens during Presets after it gets through Global Settings>Impulse Resonses>Presets>FACTORY 1>FACTORY 2...then error. 2. Or when I try 'SETLISTS - IMPORT' I select my user setlist and I get "Failed to import setlist (Unkown. |code-8300|)" immediately. I have 2 full backup files and a setlist backup and all have the same results, 8103 for the full backups and 8300 for setlist backup. Too bad I did not save the individual presets, I may have been able to at least recover a most of them. To me it looks like it is failing to decompress the files. Has anyone ever had this, is there a fix or am I just SOL? Update: After all the effort and a Support Ticket, the response was bad news for 'My Favorites' setlist (corrupted). I did make copies and hacked around tring to recover the raw files in notepad. Only once it loaded without error codes but no preset replacements... My advice is to make sure if you have some favorite presets do not depend on a Setlist Export or Create Backup to save them. They (.hxb & .hls) are compressed files. Do it uncompressed in a preset file (.hlx). At least in the hlx file you can see what stuff was when you open them with wordpad or notpad and pick out primary data if something goes wrong. In the long run I think I have built a better main rig and have had a bit of fun doing it. Thanks Phil and Will Singletone out to make some tones
  • Create New...