Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

StageScape M20D and IEMs

Hello!

I'm new to this forum and have intention on buying StageScape M20D, however have a question to Line6 about a possible expandability in future. If this was already asked please direct me to right answer. Thank you.

Is it possible and does Line6 plans on releasing a functionality and device for M20D where each musician can control their own monitor mix for IEMs utilizing L6 Link?

What I'm referring to is something that Behringer has in form of P16-M Personal Monitor Mixers or Allen-Heath ME-1 personal mixers for QU digital mixer series. So basically the ability to daisy chain these personal mixer devices thru L6 Link so each musician can mix his own monitor mix using iPhone for example.

I believe that L6 Link carries enough data to allow such a functionality.

I know that there are 4 AUXes for monitors but it is only 4 of them or you can link them to 2 stereo pairs. So it is kind of limited.

I believe that personal mixer device would bring the value of the StageScape to a brand new level.

P.S.: Or is this kind of feature M20D replacement will have?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi dusand,

The M20d already allows each member of your band with an iPad to control their own monitor mix, different screens or different parameters in addition to the mixer’s own touchscreen without the use of more L6 cables. Just connect you favorite IEM to the monitor outputs.

Check out this video to learn how you can quickly and easily adjust a monitor mix from the stage via an iPad, compatible Wi-Fi adaptor and free StageScape Remote app.

Hi, Joe!

Thank you for your response. I have few more questions then:

1.) Since you are saying that each band member can control his own mix; How many iPads can simultaneously control M20D?

2.) Can I create restrictions for each user so he can only control his own mix without affecting any other parameters?

3.) The iTunes app is for iPad only or can the user own mix be controlled thru iPhone as well?

4.) Can all these settings be saved and quickly recalled just with the press of the button?

Thank you,

Dusan

Responses in RED.

1.) Since you are saying that each band member can control his own mix; How many iPads can simultaneously control M20D?

Not sure what the official number is, but at least Five. One for each monitor output (FOUR) and one for the engineer. At least FIVE.

2.) Can I create restrictions for each user so he can only control his own mix without affecting any other parameters?

The only restriction in place is access. Each user requires a PIN that M20D generates so an audience member can't tap into the system. But as fas as individual windows, No. The engineer cannot restrict those at this time.

3.) The iTunes app is for iPad only or can the user own mix be controlled thru iPhone as well?

Currently, the App is iPad only.

4.) Can all these settings be saved and quickly recalled just with the press of the button?

Yes, once your settings are dialed in you can create a "scene" to be recalled later.

In the manual, setups are explained on page 2-11 and Scenes are explained on page 6-2. Basically, scenes are snapshots of your stage setup.

FYI:

Line 6 has developed a site called "Idea Scale" where users can make excellent recommendations like yours. Some people have already done so. You can help by loggin in and voting these ideas up or giving your comments. Check it out:

iPhone App and restrictions request:
http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Monitor-app-iphone-and-ipad-for-stagescape-m20d/490328-23508

Hello!

I'm new to this forum and have intention on buying StageScape M20D, however have a question to Line6 about a possible expandability in future. If this was already asked please direct me to right answer. Thank you.

Is it possible and does Line6 plans on releasing a functionality and device for M20D where each musician can control their own monitor mix for IEMs utilizing L6 Link?

What I'm referring to is something that Behringer has in form of P16-M Personal Monitor Mixers or Allen-Heath ME-1 personal mixers for QU digital mixer series. So basically the ability to daisy chain these personal mixer devices thru L6 Link so each musician can mix his own monitor mix using iPhone for example.

I believe that L6 Link carries enough data to allow such a functionality.

I know that there are 4 AUXes for monitors but it is only 4 of them or you can link them to 2 stereo pairs. So it is kind of limited.

I believe that personal mixer device would bring the value of the StageScape to a brand new level.

P.S.: Or is this kind of feature M20D replacement will have?

Thank you.

I personally waited for well over a year for such expansion. I agree the L6 Link should have the ability to do more. And so much has happened in the last couple years. I finally sold my board and replaced with one of the newer rack systems. It's great. I kept all my line 6 speakers. They still impress me.