Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500X - Getting Volume Level Standardized

narramor

I am new to the HD500X.  I had been using an PODxt Live.

I get a patch sound that I like.  I save the selected patch and the volume is significantly different?? Took a patch from the library that I liked.  Changed the delay and added a delay. Result significant change in volume. 

What can I do to get the volume levels for different patches to be similar?

Jimmy

It may have something to do with HD500X Edit.  I got to a sound that had the right volume and noted that the TEMPO bpm was incorrect on the POD.  I manually changed the tempo to the Edit value and manually saved.  Then the volume did not reduce when I changed between patches!

Making your own and setting up how you like each amp etc.

There are so many ways to vary volume from patch to patch. 

(lets list a few Master volume, do not use to volume match. use as an overall master.

Amp controls, here is where it comes undone, keep the amp settings as is say on an imported patch,

if you do adjust amp settings go for tone not volume.; The full amp models have a master volume setting it is usually defaulted at 100% but not always, there are more volume variables when you include FX)

The instinct is to lower the master volume of the HD500 or the amp volume knob if a patch is too loud.

If you discipline yourself to adjusting the mixer volume and saving that

Then toggle patch to patch to get consistency tweaking the mixer

The idea is to make certain un altered global settings. Of course change anything for the sake of tone but for volume matching the mixer is where to go and save it or it'l revert next time you pull it up.