Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD Pro X Constant headphone noise

xdespisedicon

Hello, hopefully someone can help me out with this issue. When playing through the POD HD Pro X (with or without my PC), I get a constant high pitched noise through my headphones. The noise does not seem to be related to the amp/fx chains as it's constantly there with or without any amp/fx turned on and the volumes/master turned all the way down. Even on a new tone/empty patch, the noise is still there. I have tried multiple different outlets in my home with and without my power conditioner to see if it was line noise, but it's still there, a couple different pairs of headphones, different cables, with and without the guitar in and it still persists. Any ideas?

Is it a squeal?

Is the noise present with no cable attached to the POD?

Is mic one of your inputs in you path with the trim dimed?

Not a squeal, just a droning beep. Almost sounds like the sound tests they used to give in grade school, but a constant tone. Yes the noise is present with and without a cable attached and starts as soon as I power the unit on. Mic is not one of the inputs. I tried messing with the inputs and just set them both to guitar and it's still there.

I would back up your patches and try flashing it.

Lucky I have like no patches since I just bought/received the thing. It actually had the older firmware on it when I received it and I flashed it just a couple days ago to the latest firmware. Needless to say the noise was/is still there before and after the firmware update. Do you think I should try it again?

What kind of headphones?  I had this problem on my X3Live with noise cancelling headphones.  It went away when I turned off the noise cancelling and it's not there with my other passive headphones.

Shure SRH440's. I also tried it with my SRH240's and it was still there. 

Do you get the same noise when using the XLR and/or 1/4" outputs?

Can't say for sure as I do not use studio monitors or an external sound source with my pod. I can try running the outs to another source this evening and check for the noise. Though even if there's less or no noise on those outputs, it doesn't solve my problem unfortunately as I specifically need/want to use the headphone output since it's currently my best means for monitoring as well as a nice way to practice quietly.