Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

dt25 with pod hd500x??

tearitupbaby

had a pod hd500 and was tired of the dsp error full...sold it but still have my dt25...should i look for a used hd500x? or just sell my dt25?....i am on the fence.....i will lose my butt on selling the dt25( i bought new a few years ago_..)...should i give it another go but this time with a 500x? and the new amp pacls

• Upvote 1

I don't think there's that much difference in the x models.... if you couldnt get your head around the DSP limit before... the X is only a modest difference....

however with the DT amps... if you update the DT... you can run the reverb entirely off the DT amp saving the DSP which can be a big saver...

i'd keep the DT... but its not going to cure your desire for more DSP... you need to manage that on your own.

I love my DT25's; currently have three of them... They rock!!! They sound killer with a POD HD500(x), they also sound amazing standalone,

Can we buy the model packs yet????? It let me add the to the cart; but I didnt' get to try checking out yet, I didn't see any official announcement or anything, wasn't sure when the actual date was going to be.

I personally vastly prefer using my HD500 with the DT amps; no question. Real tubes! Plus it mostly eliminates all DSP errors, since you are using the pre models. You might actually be able to get a sweet deal on a used HD500, just to give it a spin. Though if you like it, you will want more DT amps, first to run stereo, then to run wet/dry/wet, three amp stereo, with a dry DT in the center.

Keep your eyes out for deals! I saw a used HD500 on Reverb.com for $250. Though at only $500, the 500x is a nice upgrade, in terms of more DSP, better footswitches, and less likely to glitch out - no way to know for sure how hard an HD500 has been used and how much life the footswitches have left.

I still have my HD500, upgraded to the HD500x, but for now keeping the old 500. Not going to get much $$ for it if I sell it, and with two of them, I can do some cool dual rig stuff; run one to the DT25's, run the other direct to the PA / mixer for FRFR stuff.

Now that the new HD model packs are out, I am TOTALLY going to try linking the 500x to the DT25 head, and run that baby into my Mesa 1x15 bass cab! Crank up my 5-string bass through the new SVT models... I had been recently scoping out an Ampeg SVT7 bass head to have for a backline; this might be even cooler...

Funny how 25 tube watts can drive the heck out of a 600w rated cabinet.. Go figure! The SVT7 is 1000 watts, class D. I wonder how that roughly translates to 'tube watts'...?