Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

line 6 hd500x, in earphones humming sound

janjanives

When I connect earphones on pod HD 500x, I hear a humming sound whenever there's overdrive patch on it or the amp is on . but when I turn on the dynamics(noise gate) sound , it goes away.. Or when I touch a metal it improves a "" little"" not like the noise gate.. Is this normal? :(

I actually bought a new set of headphones and tried different headphones but there is a humming sound whenever there is a distortion effect,.. Putting the dynamic patch, noise gate removes it tho.. Or touching the strings, is that suppose to happen?

headphone impedence can matter.... if you can try a different set of headphones... although it doesnt sound right that touching things should change it.... just a thought.

Hey :) I actually bought new set of monitor headphones, the noise only happens when I turn on the amp block or a distortion effect or some other, but without effects or just clean sound, noise goes away..

• 9 months later...