Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FBV Longboard Calibration issue

Having a problem calibrating my FBV Longboard (using a PodXT pro rack mount preamp). 

A couple weeks ago lost all control of my volume pedal when setting up at the gig. Very little volume fully pressed. When I got home I found the calibration instructions (Amp1+amp2+Modulation) and it show the values for the Left volume pedal which is the one I use.  Instruction say it will go from 000-255 but when I press the pedal full forward it only goes to 170. It doesn't matter where I start the pedal in the process (instructions say middle of range which I did, then tried  full back then full forward - always with the same Max result of about 170.) 

AT this setting I basically get little to no volume until the very end of the range - literally the last few millimeters of travel on the pedal - very hard to control onstage - and also with the end result of no giving me my max volume so i have to turn other pieces up more than I every had to in the past (e.g. preamp output or amp inputs.....)

Any thoughts why I can't get the full 255 Max range on my pedal? I looked inside - nothing obviously broken on the pedal and seems to traverse fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to see that you're having trouble with the pedal. Please see the steps below, and the link to the service center at the end.

FBV/FBX Pedal 
1. Connect your FBX to your amp. The LEDs should cycle and the LCD should display "LINE 6" with the backlight lit.

2. Move both pedals to their center positions roughly halfway between the MAX and MIN position.

3. Press AMP1 + AMP2 + PITCHSHIFT/TREMOLO and hold for three seconds. This will reset the calibration values for the pedals to their default values.

4. Press AMP1 + AMP2 + DELAY and hold for three seconds. This will now display the pedal information for the LEFT pedal.

5. Move the LEFT pedal to its MAX position (pedal all the way toe down) and press down hard enough to actuate the pedal's toe switch. NOTE: You will only see 000 in the first column (AAA) until you click the toe switch down.

6. Move the LEFT pedal to its MIN position and press down (pedal all the way heel down).

7. Check the range on the MAX (number displayed on right hand side of the display) and MIN (number displayed second from right hand side of display) values to see that they are within spec (Pedal Testing section above).

8. Move the pedal to its MIN position. With the pedal just sitting there, check the number displayed in the second column (BBB). It should read 000. Press the pedal down at the heel position. This number should still read 000.

9. Press AMP1 + AMP2 + MODULATION and hold for three seconds. This will now display the pedal information for the RIGHT pedal.

10. Repeat steps 7 through 9 only for the RIGHT pedal.

FBV Series Trouble shooting procedures:

• Calibrate the pedal (using the methods previously discussed).

• Ensure that all washers/nuts/screws are seated correctly and tight.

• Use a different CAT-5 cable to be sure the cable is functioning correctly.

• Use a different Line 6 device to ensure the problem is not in the CAT-5 input of the Line 6 device.

If the unit is out of warranty: Open the bottom of the unit by removing the screws, and tighten the hex nut that holds the pedal to the chassis (the torque is 19 psi.)

If you have no success with the following trouble shooting, please take your controller to the nearest authorized service center using the link below"
Authorized Service Center 

Thanks for the very thorough steps, Tony.  Not sure if it helped JimKarl but it helped me.  I had gotten the procedure from tech support some time back, but the step to "press down hard enough to actuate the pedal's toe switch" was omitted.  

Side questions for you if you don't mind:  What does the AMP 2 button do on the FBV Long Board when used with the POD 2.0 (besides being used for calibration)?  Also, the wah/volume pedals each have both red and green LEDs.  What do the green LEDs indicate and how do you make them come on?  BTW, when I plug in the CAT 5 cable all the lights flash at some point so I don't have any burned out bulbs.

Unfortunately the same result - my Max only goes to about 176, min to about 006 (close enough on the min but the max is way off.). My understanding is the max should reach 255 or so. It's possible that I made something happen when I was inside fixing the Ethernet connector which had popped loose. Is there something to look for on the inside (backside) of the pedal that can be adjusted that is preventing me from reaching the max value?

Unfortunately did not result the issue - I still can only get to the Max value of about 176. I believe it is supposed to go all the way to 255. It's possible that I jarred something when I was inside the unit fixing the loose Ethernet connector. Is there something to look for on the backside of the pedal that can be adjusted to get tot he full MAX value?