Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Studio UX2 How to turn it off

Hello.

Maybe this is a silly question but how do you turn off the device? I keep my computer running for days without turning it off or rebooting. Simply unplugging UX2 seems the bad idea because when I did it it made a strange/unhealthy noise, probably because the device driver was still communicating with the device. So what is the correct was to turn off UX2 without turning off the PC?

Thanks.

I just unplug it. If you don't want noise, change the default to your computers sound card first. I think that might work. I don't mind the noise since I turn my amp off first and turn my phones down all the way.

• Upvote 1

I just unplug it. If you don't want noise, change the default to your computers sound card first. I think that might work. I don't mind the noise since I turn my amp off first and turn my phones down all the way.

Tried that several times today, but my computer froze if I just unplug it (not every time but most of the times) :(

Tried that several times today, but my computer froze if I just unplug it (not every time but most of the times) :(

I should've asked what operating system your using. I'm running Windows Vista and before this Windows 7 and just unplugging it was fine. Maybe you need to "safely unplug" your UX2.

Another link about safely unplugging drives.