Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

A comparison between the HD500x and the new Firehawk FX

ChristianArnold

I agree Good Stuff. I would maybe add to the disccussion;

The overall output variables in the 500x that are not in the Firehawk. For instance the Focus adjust.

The Stereo Mixer function right after the amp block in the 500x

The new Global EQ in the 500x.

All of this said, the Firehawk, right out of the box sounded great to me, without a need to deep edit  the output section.

I really like the Firehawk for editing and rehearsal/song playback. It makes practice a breeze.

I was able to pull my Amplifi FX 100 patches in to the Firehawk, with the original nonHD amp models...A HUGE time saver.

I would like to see a couple of "wildcard" effects block spaces in the Firehawk.

One of the big commonalities of both rigs is global switching and the ability to toggle a single effect on and off within a patch. This is where both of these leave many other Multi's in the dust.

I believe as well that Line 6 will engineer out the hiccup between patches, however, I found that I had a patch with rotary drum-slow in "D" next to the same patch copied to "C' with rotary drum fast, and when I switched, it would ramp up or down, accordingly, slowly like a Leslie. Was a great effect in a paticular bridge going in to the last chorus on a song, having the rotary slow and slowly speed up till we were all in.. I may need to try that on some tremelos now that I think about it!!

I too am one that falls in the middle, I like going after incredibly wierd sort of backdrops, time delay all over the place, but at times I just want a good old guitar tone.

Right now, my Firehawk is the primary rig, but still have my HD500X in case the songlist for this week requires some extra horsepower. If I need real simple, still have my Amplifi 100x as well, am I a line 6 junkie? Well, I guess so!