Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problems - POD Studio UX2

So i got my UX2 in 2008 and from what i remember i worked fine back then.

Some days ago i rigged it up again and once again it worked.

But yesterday i just couldn't get it to work.

One of two things happen : No signal. The meters on the UX2 doesn't move whatever i do and the input lines in POD farm are gone.

2. I still get no sound, but the meters are flying everywhere even when the guitar volume is all the way down or plugged out all together. There's also this noise coming out from the speakers. It sounds like a bad cable, but there's nothing wrong with it.

Sup with that?

There has to be something wrong with the UX2 itself. I can't get any sound from any of my VSTs in my DAW.

I've changed all the cables, unplugged and plugged it in at least 4000 times.

Is there a way to re-install the drivers or something? 

Anything?

A few things to check . . .

Make sure that the UX2 is selected in the Hardware section in Preferences.

Try a different USB port

Do not use a USB3 port

Try a different USB cable

Other than that, I can't help.

Run the newest version of Monkey which you can download form the website.

This will get all your updates.

Also make sure you are connecting your monitoring solution (headphones and/or powered speakers) directly to the UX2.

Ok so.. Yesterday it worked all day. This morning i had to connect it, disconnect it about 3-4 times again. Now it works. I don't know why it works when it works and i don't know why it doesn't work when it doesn't work. It's very unstable. It works when it works though.

It's quite annoying because i really want to get into home recording, but it's kinda difficult when you don't know if your audio interface's gonna work or not.

Yesterday i had good luck with Connecting the UX2 to my PC THEN fire up the POD farm. But today it didn't again.

So.. Is there a specific order in which to connect and load different programs? My DAW, Pod Farm and UX2.

Is there something i should do to my DAW? Should i also X that one out then fire it up once the UX is installed?

Again.. I've got all the latest updates and drivers. 

And to BigChase. My device only seem to work when connected to the USB3 port. I'm using the USB cabe that came with the device.

For computer speakers with one stereo jack it is sometime easier to use the Headphones output.

But typically for powered monitors it is better to run the L/R analog outs.

Check you USB and power settings in Windows 8.

I've seen users report changing the settings fixed their issues.

You could also make sure you set the UX as the default device in Windows after booting up.

• 1 month later...

I have maybe a somewhat unique situation. I am running win7 64 bit 8 gig machine with a i5 processer. Now with that out of the way let's get to the problem.

I have used my ux1 since it was new with no glitches until a month ago. The sound was cutting in and out whether it was a mic or guitar. I thought it was dying, so I ordered a ux2, kind of an upgrade. That was here,in my hands last week.

Got logged in, hooked up,got my license, registered etc. When I opened up my new pod farm 2.5 to tune up the sound was the same as my ux1 was...intermittent at best, it almost sounds like a phaser or delay.

I was told by line6 support that it was a driver conflict between my ux2 and my Samson usb studio condenser mic. Now understand that the usb mic does not require a driver to function, and is never been used at the same time as the ux2 or 1.

So due to the fact the mic uses no driver, my device manager is ineffective as a problem solver. I have contacted line 6, obviously, plus contacted Microsoft, Dell, Samson Audio, and even Musicians Friend, where I purchased it for help.

I have done everything I can think of to resolve this to get back to recording with my gear, but nothing is working! HELP!!?

.....P.S....Line 6 monkey and Pod farm all have latest updates......Thanks...Ron