Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk on life support machine

Varialogue1

I had a firehawk, and now I have a hd500x. I am learning to use the edit program on my pc. I miss the ease of creating patches on the android app, but am really getting into the hd500x- I can see how people had a bit of a learning curve with the pod units before the edit app, but now I think it is quite easy to use, also I had created a bunch of tones on the firehawk app, and am using those as a reference when I recreate the tones on the hd500x- kind of like a bit of a road map- in a way it is a bit satisfying to know that the hours I spent programming tones on the firehawk was not all in vain. I am also now using a boss gt100, and really like the edit program they have- quite slick, and I have been creating good tones quite easily with it as well. Probably I will make a decision on which one is best fir me in a couple of weeks.

Between the HD500x vs GT-100(with Rev 2 firmware ) I prefer the GT-100 , because I can easily make changes to my FX settings mid song at the gig

Without a Laptop

And for Alt Rock or Blues the GT-100 ( 2.0 firmware or newer) does the smooth soft distortion that cleans up when you roll your guitar down, and you can still use third part stomp boxes in front of the GT-100 Guitar Input without everything sounding like a chocking spyder 15 watt practice amp as the HD500x does

When I look at it in the daylight it doesn't inspire me but when those coloured lights glow in the dark, they hypotize me. And the app is a joy. If they fix the damn thing, I know the firehawk is the unit for me. But if it's not sorted before I start yet another crap band, I'll have to try something else. It reminds me of when I first realised I had to get rid of my AX1G. Those were the days...