Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

connection to pa

kswichael

I am new to the pod HD400. I will be connecting directly to the house pa and kinda confused about the outputs. I was told by a friend that I should connect via the unbalanced left/mono output instead of the balanced left output because I would only get half a signal since the left balanced is not listed as mono. What is the proper way to output from the HD400 directly to the house pa.

I am new to the pod HD400. I will be connecting directly to the house pa and kinda confused about the outputs. I was told by a friend that I should connect via the unbalanced left/mono output instead of the balanced left output because I would only get half a signal since the left balanced is not listed as mono. What is the proper way to output from the HD400 directly to the house pa.

I think your friend is correct.  That's how I run my HD500X to PA.  The unbalanced left/mono sums the signal to mono.  The other option would be to run stereo to the house with 2 cables.

I believe you can use the mixer to pan everything hard left (or right) and everything will then come out of the Left (or Right) XLR, as long as the mixer is the last thing in the chain. Or put a mono FX as the last item in the chain. That should send everything out both channels as well, but this takes an extra FX block unless you use one there anyway.