Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Updated to 2.5 and didn't get new preset tones

thogue182

I pulled this thing out of the box 2 days ago and it was still on 1.0 firmware so I updated expecting to get all the new presets that were added with 1.1 or whatever version but when I click the amps tones in my app it just says that I still have the original 4 and the rest are all default. Am I missing something? Maybe if you jump right to 2.5 you don't get the previous versions features? Any help is appreciated, I was looking forward to messing around with a few of those sounds and I can't find them on the cloud either

Are you sure you upgraded your firmware to the latest version?

The APP is version 2.5, but the presets are not part of the app.  They are part of the amp's firmware, the latest of which is version 2.10.  

It also takes about 1 minute for all of the presets to be shown in the amp when you first launch it as it has to download the list to the app.

• Upvote 1

Ok, and unfortunately for me I have a Mac and I didn't see the amplifi app when I searched for it in the App Store for my computer so I didn't really even get to mess with it as much as I wanted too last night. Thanks for the advice, il follow up when I double check everything

There is no app for Mac.  Only for iOS devices (iPad and iPhone).  There is a "Line 6 Update Tool" for Mac that is used for updating the firmware, which can be found on the Line 6 download page:  http://line6.com/software/

All it does is update the firmware, but it does it much quicker than a mobile device can (5 minutes via the utility versus 1 hour+ on a mobile device).